Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello all. This is my first blog ever. I'm a APE and General Ed PE teacher at Pioneer Valley High School, which is in Santa Maria Ca. I am 46 yrs old and I just completed my first year of teaching. I was previouisly a Police Officer for the city of Santa Maria and was recently medically retired. I received my undergraduate degree from the University of Florida where I attended on a football scholarship. People ask if I played with anyone they might know and my go to guy is Emmit Smith who was our tailback. I have coached football at PV for the last four years and have enjoyed every minute of it. As a Police Officer you think you're pro active but really you are more reactive than anything else. As a teacher my students are stuck with me 5 days a week for 90 minutes a period. I'll have a bigger impact on them as a teacher than a police officer, in my opinion. I look forward to reading all your blogs and learning more about you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Greg! It sounds like you have a great job. I would love to be able to teach General PE, along with Adapted PE. I hope you are enjoying your time here in Chico.

    ReplyDelete